Tuesday 2 November 2010

At First Glance

Inception, Expendables, The A-Team, Salt, Losers . . . Just a few of my favourite films of late! You might have worked out that I am a bit of an action junkie when it comes to films, although I aim to surprise very soon with a few reviews of my all time favourite films. 

I am very much looking forward to writing about Red, as I am undecided on the concept however very fond of the actors; good casting is a must for me, for example Sharlto Copley in District 9 was intense and very emotive, yet very different in his role in the A-Team, encapsulating the essence of the film with ease in both roles.

To give you a taste of what lies ahead for Picture This, I will very shortly be reviewing newly released films, as well as my top ten favourite films and any others I watch in between!  And don't worry, they won't all be action films, I have a very eclectic taste as many people do, so you'll also be reading about classic horrors, comedies, war films, documentaries, sci-fi's and anything else I can get my eyes and ears on!  I am very much looking forward to Skyline, although the plot seems to regurgitate similar stories to those such as Cloverfield and Independence day.  Obviously all Aliens are bad and want to take over or destroy the world.  Although if they were friendly and wanted to live peacefully with all creatures on earth, it wouldn't be a great storyline would it. However there are, of  course, a few exceptions to this rule, and it's the exceptions to the rules that I like.  Unique ideas, perceptions and viewpoints all make for good viewing, Vantage Point being a very poor example.  I had such high hopes for the idea, however it was essentially the same 15 minutes of action being shown over and over again.  If that's what I wanted to watch I would stay at home and watch news 24 all day! 

So for now faithful film buffs, watch this space for new entries; I hope to be updating you bi-weekly, and I hope to make the site look a little more interesting very shortly.  Please feel free to leave your feedback, or if you would like me to review a film you love and I'll do my best!

Next update due very soon.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment